Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Questioning Text -v- Clarifying Text

What is the difference between the two reading skills we looked at today?

Now watch this video below and write 3 clarifications and 3 questions about what you see.


Read this poem and write 3 clarifications and 3 questions about it.



"I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud"


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed---and gazed---but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie


In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.


William Wordsworth

Enjoy Reading Lindsey's WhereI'm From Poem
http://www.box.net/shared/uz3d9p5jlv

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey's poem is great. I really like her description of playing the piano.

Unknown said...

me to i like the piano like colin said and i like the quotes of the people in her family at the end

Bekah said...

In lindsays poem i loved how descriptive she was she really explained details for each of the things that she did!

Charlie said...

I like Lindsay's poem because she was very discriptive

Anonymous said...

Lindsay's poem is awesome! She ryhmed and used discriptive words at the same time!

Unknown said...

Be more specific...

What words 'are' those descriptive words...

Being 'specific' means POINTING to what exactly stands out.
What's better for you as a learner, "You all wrote interesting appositives today?" or "You punctuated your appositives correctly and controlled your capitalization."

Example one- you didn't really know what you did well

Example two- you are in no doubt to 'exactly' what you did well...

Get the point? :-)

Bekah said...

Bekahs 2# try: I liked lindsays poem because she used descriptive words live ivory , ebony, and keys I also like how she described our state flower by using dogwoods instead of just saying the blooming of our state flower.

Lilly said...

Lindsey did a great job on her poem I really liked her description of playing the piano I agree with colin and GG

Breck said...

I liked her poem too. I liked how she was very descriptive when she described the food.

Janie said...

me two it was so good! I liked it a lot! good job Breck and Lindsay!!!!

Catie Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catie Nelson said...

I loved Liday's poem! All the phrases and dresciptions were very engaging. I loved how she put all about her fmaily at the end. How you wrote about the piano was fantastic and very precise. Your poem was very well written Lindsay.

Catie Nelson said...

Mr. Buxton,
Is decorating our daybook due tomorrow for the Graham class?

Lilly said...

I think it is

Austin Fitzgerald said...

I thourouly enjoyed reading Lindsay's poem because it flowed very nicely like a song.I think it's because she used lots of figurative language.

Austin Fitzgerald said...

Austin's #2 entry (published too quickly) I forgot to be more specific like Mr. Buxton said. Instead of saying that she plays the piano she used a description of the instrument and infernces to what it does. The poem also "sang" to me because most of her lines rhymed.

Janie said...

everybody did AWESOME but still Lindsay and Breck you guys did sooooo great!!! I Loved the piano keys! Great job you guys!

Unknown said...

Nice feedback guys!

Bennett said...

I like how linday described the piano

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...