Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Welcome to Mr. Spencer

Hi! My name is Spencer Hong. I just turned sixteen years old and this is my twelfth year in Singapore. This year I was on the varsity golf team and traveled to Taiwan for a tournament. But I also like to play basketball and volleyball (was on the freshmen volleyball team last year). I am here to help you guys with math and social studies, but also to get you ready for your up and coming middle school lives. I’m doing this because I have always wanted to know what it would be like to be in the shoes of a teacher, so, that is what I am doing. By the end of the week I believe that I will have a better understanding of what it is like to be a teacher, but also what it feels like to enrich the minds of our youngsters. Hopefully, I can offer some advice to the kids on how to be very successful not just in middle school, but also in years after that. My expectations of the students are that they treat me just like Mr. Buxton, they give their 110% when Mr. Buxton and I are teaching, and that they most importantly have fun!  Overall, I am very excited to help these kids with their emergence into young adults and into middle school.


8 comments:

berrysweetπ said...

For Social Studies- are we going to do the presentations then? Can we do it after break, during RLA, Mr.Buxton?

berrysweetπ said...

On our social studies presentation, the online version has the wrong pictures.

Lauren Williams said...

Hi Mr. Buxton!!!!!
How are you? Right now in Humanities, we are doing our International Day project. Sophie H. and Liza are my partners, and our country is Jordan. Its very exciting

Just wanted to say hi!
Lauren

Lauren Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riya D. said...

Math and Soical Studies are going to become more fun... YAY!!!

Riya D. said...

Math and Soical Studies are going to become more fun... YAY!!!

berrysweetπ said...

Lauren- you forgot your apostrophe before the "s" in "Its"! (Mr.Buxton just taught us about possessive nouns.)

Unknown said...

Anisha - It is not a possession; it is a contraction.

Lauren, I still remember the great Roses poem you delivered Lauren. I will telling the students about you.

By the way, how come you are typing in the middle of class? .. can't be the Lauren I know!

Take care :-) (I still love my EOY video!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...