Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where I'm From Poem

If you are reading this, you  have already accomplished  the first task - Check the blog every evening!

H/W 
Where I'm From Poem - (Draft due Wed)
Don't forget your draft for your poem for class tomorrow.  Look at the sample in yesterday's post. Number of lines are a guideline. You should do at least 16, but you may do more. Avoid doing more than 30 lines. Do not worry about this poem. It is only a draft. If you are not 100% sure what you need to do, just do what  you think you need to do, and I'll help you tomorrow. Remember today's class was about organization. 

For those ready for a challenge...
Remember, today's writing session focused on organization. How can you put your ideas together in a logical way?
Think about the story your poem will tell. Is it the past, present, future you... or... the hobbies and interests you or something else? Can you write  your  poem in stanzas that show purposeful organization
Reid- you can have more time on this as you missed today's session

H/W 2
For Friday you will need printed pages of book covers that you have read that made an impact on your life so far.  You should collect a minimum of 10 printed book covers. Remember to use 'size' to show the difference  of how important  a story was to you. The sheet of paper you bring in with your covers should look like this link here

Grammar Class Reflection
What did you learn today about the different ways to start sentences?
Will you use these techniques the next time you start writing?

8 comments:

Unknown said...


i had a great day! i am really enjoying writing this poem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Mr.Buxton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berrysweetπ said...

Wow! These people are receiving more homework than us 6th graders are!

Hi! I'm Anisha, from Mr.Buxton's class last year! Don't worry about the homework! It gets worse as the year goes on, but in the end, you'll see it's definitely worth it! Mr.Buxton is a great teacher! :)

Hi Mr. Buxton! I'm having a great time in RLA!!!! Some people from last year's class are really annoying me because they keep saying more better!!!!!! Bye :(

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody,

I am also enjoying writing this poem. I liked the grammar lesson. Nouns and adjectives are great ways to start sentences. See you tomorrow!

kbuxton said...

Thanks Dylan - It's nice to have you in class with such a positive attitude.

Don't listen to Anisha - she was one of the worst 5th graders ever! - never did a 'lick of work in her life. :-)

Tasha - did you realize you started your second sentence with two nouns!

Maya S. said...

Hi Mr. Buxton!
I'm having a great time in 6th grade, but I still miss you! Because of all your tips about staying prepared, organized, and not slacking off, I'm able to make all my classes on time or about 1-2 minutes after everyone has gone inside. Two notes for Mr. Buxton's 5th graders:
1. Pay attention and remember all of Mr. Buxton's lessons because they are so important to not only school, but also life.
2. This is for when you go to middle school. Be happy with what ever elective classes you get. At first, when I heard I got drama, I was really upset, but now it's one of my favorite classes!
Just wanted to say hi to Mr. Buxton, and tell you kids how lucky you are!

Unknown said...

thanks Maya ... take care

Unknown said...

The poem was really fun Mr.Buxton thank you

Unknown said...

I love to read about your experiences! You write beautifully about this. gym buxton !!! I have enjoyed reading your articles. They are very well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...