Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Writer's Craft

Today, we reviewed the 'craft moves' we should be using in our writing. I was very impressed when Abhi (G/H class) told me that he was working on putting and 'extended metaphor' into one scene in his piece. - Now that's a student who attempts to apply what he has been learning!!!

Look at these these excellent examples from your classmates

H/W All Classes

  • You should have a minimum of 4 pages in your RF story by Friday's class. Many of you will have written more. 

Grammar Memory Tools - Due Friday.

From Yesterday's Post
All Classes Grammar Test:
Your end of unit grammar test is NEXT TUESDAY.
This link can be used for you to ask any questions about the unit that you still don't understand.
Sentence Clauses Unit Review: Ask the Teacher

Optional: Test Grammar Practice (My advice is that you do about 5minutes each night on one each of these exercises.) If there are questions or answers that you do not understand, use the file above to ask your questions.

Sentence Fluency: Test Practice Exercises -
Check out some games brilliantly made by Yasmin (C/D) http://www.classtools.net/mob/quiz_31/Grammar_Study_Sentences_khm65.htm


http://www.quia.com/quiz/299540.html (ignore question 13 and 16)


Some of the questions on this exercise, we have not covered yet...but we will. Try it for fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Abhi that is so cool! Todays lesson was a big reminder for me because I was thinking I was missing things and then I remembered what I needed to put in.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment.

and the apples...

Anonymous said...

No problem :)
Do you want me to present my something that will change the world this Friday or next?

Unknown said...

You choose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...