Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Can I Change?

Lesson Recap:

H/W
Are you doing 5-10mins of Membean two - three nights per week?

Reminder: At least 3 verses of your poem needed for Tuesday. 


Really worth watching!!!



Coming in tomorrow's lesson

For Wednesday: Set your 'Can I Change' in motion  (Bring a printed copy of your share with your goal listed.)


Enjoy Mark's beautiful piece of imagery writing. How does yours compare?

Flying over the sea on my way back home I look out the window and look at the clouds and their shapes. I look down to see the dark blue sea as it brings back memories of the salty smell and the crash of the waves rolling in Hawaii. The thought drifts me into thinking about my life and how my life is like a surfer, always picking a different wave. However I always find myself going home, but what I am looking for is not really there. Like when I traveled back to where once was home and expect everything to feel the same. But all my new experiences changed my interests and my opinions about different things. What used to be *Cool* was now just another building in the city. Sometimes my life still can feel like a lost toy under a bed and other times it can be like a fish out of water running out of hope. Particularly when we moved and I had to give up all my friends for a new experience.  I didn’t know what that experience would be like.   Depressing?  Miserable? Saddened?

But that never stopped me because I know on the inside everyone is like a handmade clay pot all attempted to be a vase but unique in their own special way. I am the only me and my layers add up. My shell might be different but my yoke is still the same.  In truth I have learned my home is the sky traveling from place to place. All the countries I have been to and all the places I want to go.  The fish out of water can have help to go back in. For Example my troubles in school or friends that move away while I am still here. I can make new ones and I can get help. My lost life can always be found. Time will show how the layers won’t be the same. But they will still line up to show layer after layer you’re not common you have, different moods and actions. Everyone has their own dents in the clay but everyone will find their sparkle along the way.  I will always remember the time back in first grade when I learned how to swim and tried to be great. When I was about to give up I pulled what was left in me to make it great, and this will stick with me for the rest of my life because it's my talent and even if it's just a hobby It's still meaningful to me. When tasks get difficult like I have never seen, I know I will solve them in the same way.  Even in the future I will make it through. Traveling is normal. Staying in one place is for long is unusual to me. One day however, I will find a place to be and stay, a place I can call home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...