Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

State Report Websites


State Report Websites

Use 'only' these sites below to do your State Report online research. If you find a site on your own that you think is better, share it with me first, and I might add it to the list. There is advice under each website to save you a little time.

State Report Websites

1. Encyclopedia Britannica Online School Edition: http://school.eb.com/elementary  [ID=latin, PASSWORD=hawks] You may copy a picture or map from this site. Type the name of your state in the Search box and click Go.

2. NETSTATE.com
Advice: (Only good for basic facts about the states)

3. IPL Kidspace: Stately Knowledge: http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace/stateknow/  provides basic facts and links to other sources about each state

Advice: (Use the links at the bottom of each state page for detailed information on specific topics)

4. Infoplease: The Fifty States: http://www.infoplease.com/states.html  Choose state from the list below the map.

(Advice – Good for geographical features and commerce and industry)

6.  http://www.usworldbook.com/

7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_carolina#Geography
You will need to type in YOUR STATE NAME

23 comments:

martha said...

is our only homework in humanities to get facts for our state report?

Thomas Layton said...

Mr B my log in and password for encyclopedia britanica isn't working?

HELP!!!???

Bekah said...

Mr. Buxton i went through most of the state report websites and all i had been to at computer and so the notecard i am on i dont even have enough infromation to cover to back. Can we use google? Most of the websites havent been much help to me

Wyatt N said...

same thing happened to me as Thomas

Sophie Hardy said...

mr b, mrs harris showed usworldbook.com. can we use that?

Unknown said...

Bekah - yes
Sophie - yes

Bekah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wyatt N said...

Thomas it is:
username: latinhawks
password: cls

Bekah said...

Mr. Buxton if we have 2 big notecards full on ONE side not two do u think that will be big enough? I havent even gotten there yet so i could end up with lots more though.

Anonymous said...

that is how much i have also

Anonymous said...

Bekah, I thingk u need tu have at lest 2 big note cards front and back mayvve more

Bekah said...

I dont know we have 3 days of taking notes

Anonymous said...

it think you are fine bekah

Adit said...

Just a tip. The World book has probably the most information I have gotten from any website.

Anonymous said...

just to clarify
math pages +
state report is our only homework

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bekah said...

Right

Bekah said...

Right

NJM said...

Hello Mr.Buxton!

Its Nia McFall here from Chicago. I see that the state report is finally here! I know what that was like! At my school in Chicago my teacher has been telling me about how great my writing is and i told her that it was all thanks to you! I hope to talk to you soon and i cant wait until i visit at MDPD of course. Thank you for all of the experiences that you have given me!

- Nia McFall

Beck said...

mr. buxton,
just 2 clarify, but im PRETTY sure that mrs. duffy + mrs. mcgarry said not to use Wikipedia because people can change it. if it is on your blog, though, i guess we CAN use it...

Anonymous said...

thanks bekah

Unknown said...

Nia - How great to hear from you. Wow! I am pleased to hear that about your writing. I told you all those power plans would be worth it! Take care and don't forget to pop by when you come to visit.

I am saying yes to wikipedia. I will discuss this with your Library teachers to make sure we are both in agreement.

Unknown said...

I love to read about your experiences! You write beautifully about this. gym buxton !!! I have enjoyed reading your articles. They are very well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...