Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Rise and Shine

What will  you do to excel this semester?


H/W
For Tuesday (C/D & E/F classes only)
  • Poetry Reading Unit: How to Eat a Poem (Make sure you have a copy of this file)
  • You need to bring to Tuesday's class the lyrics of a song you really like. (Choose 'age appropriate' song)
For Wednesday
Bring a printed version of an article that you have found on the internet about a topic that makes you angry e.g. $70,000 Missing from Newton Town Donations
You will be writing on this paper, so make sure you have a printed copy

2) Finish your brainstorm about all possible topics for your poems. Just write bullet point ideas
What has really affected your heart?
What people have been important to you?
What are some experiences or central events you'll never forget?
What happy or sad memories do you have?
What secrets have you kept in your heart?
What small things or objects are important to you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though today was short, I learned a lot for the first day in poetry. That you have to open your self up. That it is not about the metaphors and that it has similes , it is what you write that can touch some ones heart.

This poem by Donald Justice
Your type of beauty has no place here.
Night is the sky over this poem.
It is too black for stars.
And do not look for any illumination.


That was just one sector or section of it. Yes!!! MEMBEAN WORD

Thought I might just comment it on this post like on the other

Anonymous said...

I also agree with you Jessie. Today I learned a lot about poetry. One of the major things I learned today was that sharing personal stories can open up other people and from that video I learned that there is no 'rules' for poetry. No one can tell you how to write poetry.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Buxton !!!! I had lots of fun during the holiday, and all I need to do is rise again. I think there is no certain way that we could excel our selves but just fighting agains the limits settled by you. I really liked the poetry video that you showed use today. Especially when students were reaping of the papers. I don't think we always need to follow the path but sometimes find a new path. Thats what I learned to day!!! (I feel like this semester will be filled with excitement!)

Anonymous said...

Quick question, do we need to print our lyrics?

Anonymous said...

Kira, Yes we do need to print the lyrics out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...