Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today's Session

sorry for the software filter issues today. I hope each of you had the chance to see the potential of zooburst in action. Win bonus +3 points if you are able to create your own zooburst.com story. This is purely optional and only for  the tech savvy motivated students among us. Log on using your passowrds from today to
http://www.zooburst.com/

Bravo to Sophie S and Mimi. The first ever 5th grader to create a zooburst +3




GRAAB Techniques.
Feel free to post a GRAAB techqniue that you create for comment. Anybody finds anything similar to a GRAAB technique in their writing, win +2 points.

Poetry
Tomorrow, we will be putting the final touches to your Midwest region  performance poems and your Defining poetry poem.  Due Dates below (these are not on the H/W sheet)
Final draft due date for Defining poetry poem - THURSDAY
Final draft due date for Midwest Region Poem - FRIDAY

Don't forget about your memorized poem for next week. Remember you can ask your parents for suggestions.

20 comments:

kennedy said...

Mr. Buxton can i type my GRAAB technique sentences for the midwest region

Bekah said...

So our homework is GRAAB teqniuqes, math, spelling, grammar review sheet, and poem?

martha said...

yes bekah i think that is it.

Beck said...

HOWDY! what was that thing about the memorized poem???? i think i missed it!

Lauren said...

are we supposed to write each of the graab techniques on the sheets of paper that mr. buxton gave us? if yes, then how big?

adit said...

I don't think we have done the memorized poem in school. it is on the homework sheet.s

Lauren said...

can you guys help me by commenting on my poem? lauren
The Witching Hour

Darkness creeps over the sky
Birds song has stopped being sung
I bade the light farewell, good by
The witching hour has begun

Creeping through the shadowy halls
Starring at every inch that I see
Scary pictures and designs on the walls
Right now I wish I wasn’t me

Noises start to fill my ears
Running faster I see:
My comfy bed start to appear
Reaching my bed, I feel free

Thomas Layton said...

Lauren, you are NOT supposed to write the technique on the paper because he said we might try to guess what technique iit is

Lauren said...

are we supposed to write the sentence that we made ourselves on the paper?

Lauren said...

mr buxton,
i tried to go onto the zooburst web site and i typed in the username and password that you gave me but it said it was incorrect! I want to try to make one...... what should i do?

Abby said...

yes lauren. you do write your sentences on the paper mr buxton gave us

Anonymous said...

lauren, you still write the sentence but not which graab technique it !!!!!! =~)

Catie Nelson said...

Mr. Buxton,
What is the memorized poem????
Catie nelson

Anonymous said...

Is there a specific sheet we have to do tonight on our grammar review packet? When is our packet due?

Abby said...

do we write our names on our sheets of paper

Abby said...

good poem lauren

Abby said...

Here is an analogy sentence-The quarries of Illinois are as important as the glaciers were to forming the great lakes.

Anonymous said...

On the GRAAB Technique cards, do we have to decorate it, or do we just have to put the text on them???

Lilly said...

I was not here today, so what are the graab sentences????

Unknown said...

GO TO MY ZOOBURST 'A CHRISTMAS CAROL' IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
MADISON C.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...