Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 6 Day 4

Showing not Telling - Day 4: IT WAS A GREAT PARTY

Blood-sucking vampires and tiny pink fairies scarfed down scary ghost and goblin cookies. Witches and ghosts appeared bobbing apples in the dark, spooky night. Creepy spider legs filled the loud back yard. Other scrary hunchbacks were strolling all around. Lingering, chatting, and having fun, many other unknown creatures started making a mess.  Though tons of noise could be heard, it was absurb that they could barely see a spot in front of them, causing big collisions. But they shouted helping each other out. Soon it was time to go and the backyard was turned upside down. Everyone tried to plead to stay but they were way too exhausted.  That was a party they would never forget.  By Sabine and Caroline

For Fun - Bring a dollar word to class for a bonus plus point.

Math
Finish the Math Races sheet and look at the topics from unit 2 on the sheet.
Make sure you read that sheet carefully and are prepared to talk about whether or not your feel secure on each area.

Book clubs - Teacher Directed Activity
Setting (MOOD) - Collect at least 10 words or phrases from your Book club book that helped capture the mood of your story. Write a couple of brief sentences based on the words that you have collected that describes the mood of your story.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When is the setting for book clubs due? Is it on Wednesday next week?

Maddy Z said...

The setting thing for book club is due tomorrow...
Why didn't you put up who's piece of work for showing not telling was really good, Mr. Buxton?

Anonymous said...

what? Oh and he's reading them Maddy they came up now after he chose the best one

Unknown said...

Don't spoil it for other people Nakul.

Setting due tomorrow for your book club discussion

Han said...

Mr. Buxyton what is the dollar thing???

Han said...

What was the setting thing??? Sorry I forgot:(;(

AJDForTheFuture said...

Han remember because of mr turupt. Peter did the word thing.

AJDForTheFuture said...

George I am goi g to do 2 vocal for book club.

Maddy Z said...

What are you talking about Alex? What did you mean when you were talking about the because of Mr. Turupt?

Rachel L said...

I thought you were there Maddy. That's our new book were reading in class! Also do you make up the letters for the dollar thing or was it in the book, cause I sort of forgot.

Han said...

Maria copy and paste this link for the current event
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_waste

Maddy Z said...

I was there today, but I just read his post wrong... oops. Now I get it, though.

berrysweetπ said...

does it count if i got the word online?

Anonymous said...

well I did so it doesn't matter it's just for fun! It's only 1 plus point.

berrysweetπ said...

beginnings- found by myself with a little help of a website that tells you how much your word is worth. Also the value of "ed", "ing", and "s".

Anonymous said...

Guys I don't exactly know the exact mood in the book The Watsons go to Birmingham. Any ideas?

Aditya.k said...

in the second chapter my mood is empathy for Kenny because he gets bullied and was brought to upper level classes.

Anonymous said...

how about tension and nervousness when Larry came and the bus driver

berrysweetπ said...

Nakul, come on. Read between the lines! I can find so many things in chapter 2.

berrysweetπ said...

Also guys, I think we have to pick up our pace. Maddy, as you will be leader, what do you think. I think since it is weekend we should read 2 chapters. THat way we will catch up, and at the end maybe even have time to relax.

berrysweetπ said...

oh nakul that was good.

berrysweetπ said...

Maddy, leader for book club should take the points sheet.

Alex D said...

What about but-heads!

Alex D said...

That can be one!

Anonymous said...

seriously Alex?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I don't know if we're allowed Anisha

Anonymous said...

wait... I clicked on Alex the awesome argentine I got 1 profile and when I clicked Alex D I got another. If you change the name the profile settings are still the same! So Alex the Awesome årgentine's name if you click on it should show Alex D but it isn't!

Anonymous said...

Mr.Buxton! i left my Reader's notebook in school. I'll come early but can I put my sticky notes I wrote about the mood

berrysweetπ said...

nakul you also did do your other summary, right?

berrysweetπ said...

alex you can't copy from the book.

my personal narravitive takesplace on batalstar galactica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...