Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Due Dates

E/F & C/D - Your PRINTED version of your paper is due FRI.

  • An engaging title: Try Title Generator
  • Correctly inserted images acceptable
  • Name. 1.5 line spacing
  • All colors removed
  • Final advice - Read your paper to a parent -They can offer an opinion and suggestion 1 change.

G/H -  Due Tues

Paragraph order: Reminder
Intro.
Support 1
Support 2
Support 3 (optional)
Counter
Conclusion

Proof Reading Tips

1) Be precise with verb choice in quote sandwiches.
Does the evidence: indicate, proof, demonstrate, suggest, illustrate, reveal, argue?

2) Find out how many times you are referencing your 'thesis/claim' - Minimum x5

3) Remove most pronouns: You, We , I, It, They

4) Capitalize proper Nouns: The Hurvery Study 1985

6) Grammar Integration: Parallel Structure, Repeated and Double Comparatives,  Superlatives

5) Use Vocaroo to listen for fluency. Recite one paragraph at a time.



Audio recording >> Coming Tomorrow: Vlog - How will your creativity compare with this?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this vocaro an example of what to do, while explaining it at the same time?

Unknown said...

yes and no - you record your writing - line paragraph at a time and listen for errors.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Buxton for the idea of vocarro. I can find all of my influent spots- I know that is the point but I think because of spending 5 mins on it I will get a better grade.
Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Today was really cool. All of this work will finally be finished tomorrow. YAY. But, this unit taught me a lot. I enjoyed the researching and all of that stuff. But it takes toooooo long.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Even though this unit was frustrating, and stressful I have learnt so much!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the example video. She used a lot of cool ways to present her argument, and had a lot of enthusiasm. I do think that a little bit more could have been added to the counter argument; she only ave one thing that was form the opposing side. Otherwise it was really good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i' m so glad they are almost over ---now i have to grade them

Anonymous said...

That is the fun part of being a teacher! Seeing how students used your advice.

Anonymous said...

You must be very happy Mr. Buxton
What is better, teaching the lessons or grading the work?

Anonymous said...

I know that question wasn't directed to me but in my opinion I would think that both would be fun. I think that because teaching the lessons would introduce the new concept but actually seeing how the students interpreted the lessons and used them in their writing. I think it would be interesting to see Membean words or superlatives because students are applying what they have learned.
Now that I have said this I better start doing it :)

Anonymous said...

It's pretty late, but are picture mandatory?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I would disagree with Jordan. I would choose grading because you can see the growth of the students. The students acculaly teach a teacher lessons as well.

Anonymous said...

No Kira Pictures are not mandatory

Unknown said...

When learning occurs - that's when teacher are happy. Nobody likes grading. Especially knowing that students have worked so hard to do their best and then be assigned a letter pushing them into a category. Grading is not fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...