Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Generating Research Topics

Make sure you have 'dropped' your 'Feature Article Unit'  into dashboard, so I can inspect your H/W from earlier in the week. 

All Classes H/W
1) Grammar Recap: Your Gossip Girl Scripts are due: Next Mon
2) Homework Task: Because I love to do grammar (Take a screen shot of the finished exercise and put it in your grammar H/W section for ML# 2 as evidence) The video is VERY important. It shows you when you can just infer the relative prounoun. This H/W takes 5mins to complete!

Lesson Recap: Going for Content to Curiosity


Use these links for online topic searches
1) Look at the headlines at yahoo.com (Make sure you are on the U.S. site)
2) New Articles and Research Topics. Use this class code when asked: KZMAC

3) This site also has good ideas for topics http://www.bbc.co.uk/iwonder

By the end of today's session, you should have a minimum of 5 'areas of curiosity' - that you might take deeper into the research process.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned quite a lot about narrowing down your topic today in RLA. IT was really cool.

Anonymous said...

I am still a bit confused about the screen shots bit?

Anonymous said...

I am still confused as to when the new reading response is due. On the past few blogposts, it said it was due tomorrow. But, on the class reading response file, it says it is due in 5 days.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton,
I don't know if this problem only relates to my computer, but the video on the website won't play.

- Marium Ahmed

Unknown said...

I pushed back the response Rehanna to next week as we lost a class this week. As i also made a bigger focus on stating a precise claim that relates to your entire piece, I wanted to give people more time to look at their response. Apologies for constantly moving the due date. The final date is on the RR forms for each class that are on the right of the blog. (Next Tue.) I will give you plenty of time tomorrow to work on it in class too!

Try a different browser Marium. Let me know if it still doesn't work. You may need to go to java. com and download their player.

Also try here
http://www.englishexercises.org/makeagame/viewgame.asp?id=7998

Unknown said...

Rehaan - Excuse spelling!!!

I was using my voice recorder to type!

Anonymous said...

It's okay Mr. Buxton!

Anonymous said...

Jessie- You do the whole page and then press OK and you take a screen shot of what you got.

Anonymous said...

Thanks jordan

Anonymous said...

No Problem :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...