Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Boot Camp Day 2


Now you get to take your computers home. It is important that you learn to take care of them!


Remember: Charge your computers overnight. Find the same spot in your house to recharge your computer every night

H/W
Bring x3 PRINTED book covers  images of novels that you believe are excellent and that you would recommend to for your classmates to read. Try to select novels that are unique to you. Do not select novels that were read to you by your teacher. You will 'book talk' these novels to your classmates in tomorrow's class. You must bring PRINTED images of these novels in order to participate in the lesson.

Independent Reading: 30 mins - Update your chart.

Impressive contributions today. Many of your showed resilience working through today's activities. I am very excited to read your first blog posts. You should have a clear idea for Friday's class. You are welcome to write a little more on your blog post, but this is not compulsory.

Tomorrow, we will be creating our Goodreads accounts and embedding them into our blogs.

Are you demonstrating effective learning behaviors?

As always, comments are encouraged.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton,
Today's R.L.A lesson was really awesome and I think that I will right more sophisticated blog posts now. It also made me think about how to think about what really is the idea and what really is the evidence. So many times I thought that the evidence was the idea.

Anonymous said...

Today's R.L.A lesson was really confusing when I read the article that the difference between right and wrong is divided by the person's internal compass. so I think its really hard to say its good or bad, to judge people by what they are doing, because the way we think is different for each student. Im not sure if I got it right mr buxton! please please tell me what really author meant. Was he saying that you shouldn't judge people or saying ok to a slight mistake is not ok because of slippery slope? Today lesson made me feel like I actually had a lesson, as learning something that you know is not a lesson. Thank you Mr.buxton for giving me a good lesson and please please tell me what the author meant to say in the aritcle one! oh and today was awesome, I like chiken rice. Thank you for reading and I will make sure I will get some ideas about righting the first blog. ^-^(hope you like my design so far.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...