Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

The First Week

Congratulations on completing your first week!

I look forward to reading your blog posts on Tuesday.  This is the link to the blog and blog post grading rubric (this is an updated version). How will yours compare to these?




Go to Olivia's blog to read the rest of her engaging article:

Read the powerful voice evident in Zi Tong's piece. 

How does your piece compare to these?



Homebase Assignment: Google 80/20 principle - Follow your passion
Task - Create something that will change the world! 
Remember - 'world' and 'change' can be interpreted in many ways. 
Homebase - Back to School Night Work

Use this link to write what you would like your parents to know about you that they don't already! (Keep it secret from them!)
Find your name and write in the red box - i will add all other photos later)

Reminder:  Class G/H Reading Assignments are only for C/D Block classes and E/F block classes)

Next Week
We will begin the week with a grammar pre-assessment and an on demand writing piece.
Make sure you come with a solid idea for a small moment narrative. You will have approx. 60mins to write your piece on Tuesday. Remember your 'generating' strategies from 6th grade if you were at SAS.

Remember:
Keep your computer charged Sunday night
Warning! Assessments on learning behaviours begin on Monday e.g. - do you have your reading book? Is your reading log up to date?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr.buxton for helping me out with the first week. I think I had lots of problems because I was new.I am willing to develop my english but I couldn't. I speak ok and writing ok, but I don't think Im getting better. However, I guess I found the right language doctor! I was thinking about staying at home doing nothing, but I just realized its time to do some english practice. Um.. not sure if this is what I said but you said my choice of topic is strong but Im repeating the same setence over and over and the style of the language is very weak. Im not sure what teachers mean by style and language. what type is strong and what type is right.
please please tell me how can I do that and have a great weekend Mr.Buxton.

Unknown said...

If you can share you writing with me through google docs., I will take a look at it on Saturday and you can work at it on Sunday. You need to write with specifics and not in general terms - Don't tell me it was 'great' - 'show me' by painting a picture of the scene
e.g."She was angry" could be "She clenched her hands at her sides and gritted her teeth."

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton whenever I try to type in the red box and it doesn't work. It just goes to the next person.

Unknown said...

which red box are you talking about J.?

Anonymous said...

The red box that we are supposed to put our interesting fact for back to school night in.

Unknown said...

let me check it out try again in 10mins

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Buxton,

I was wondering If we had to record what we read in our reading logs on the weekends. If you could get back to me as soon as possible, that would be great.

Thanks,
Rehaan

Anonymous said...

Thank You Mr. Buxton but you set the presentation as a view only so I can't do anything on it.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton,
Like Jordan I am also not able to edit the powerpoint at all. Whenever I try to type, the text won't change.
Could you make sure that you look into how you shared it with us and change it from Can View to Can Edit.
Thanks!
Kalia

Unknown said...

Apologies - I am correcting this now!

Yes Reehan - you do need to keep up your reading log ont he weekend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...