Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ethos Pathos Logos

Ethos Pathos Logos: Practice Activity
How to Argue Effectively

Logos: Logic--WHAT they say
  • facts
  • studies
  • examples
  • expert opinions


Ethos: Ethics (credibility)--WHO says it
  • who wrote it
  • what is their authority
Pathos:Emotional connection --HOW they say it

  • word choice
  • emotional appeal
  • anecdotes

H/W
Watch this video recap of today's content

Reminder: 'Ethos' is the source - What the author says is normally 'logos'

Writing
Make sure your group turns in ONE printed copy of your correlative parallel structure song activity
Do a little study (use the links from Monday's post) for your parallel structure assessment: Due Fri.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting the video on your blog, now I am more clear on Ethos, Pathos, and Logos than I was before. It really helped.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Buxton for posting the clear defintions for Ethos Pathos and Logos. I was jumbled up today trying to type all of the defintions. This is really clear to me now! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton, can you post all of the Parallel structure terms, or can someone else. I am stuck.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video. It cleared a lot of things up. As well for the reading ladder, is the hardest books on the top or the bottom?, for step 3?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Buxton for putting the video about Ethos, Pathos, and Logos onto your blog. It has really helped me learn about how i can improve on my writing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jessica-Hardest books on the top

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr.Buxton for the video, I think it will definitely help sometime.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Buxton, can you post all of the Parallel structure terms, or can someone else. I am stuck. Thanks Jordan

Anonymous said...

I'll email you Jessie

Amanda said...

It's astoundingly stunning article for me or every one considering the course that bit of room beginning at now need to done various information that is the explanation it's from a general perspective scrambling for me. statistical analysis

Anna Stephen said...

This is illuminating post, excellent work, I like this substance and wish to examine more from you. an obligation of thankfulness is all together for such an illuminating post. killer queen lyrics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...