Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Superlatives

Make a copy of our new grammar unit: Advanced Superlatives and Comparatives

Make a copy Credibility of Sources

Alternative thesis statement generator: Click Here

Word Study Assessment: Many of you said the the -ing form of a verb is the same as a verb. This is normally not the case.  Watch this video for explanation. We will do a whole unit on gerund phrases as part of our 'Sentence Tools Grammar Units' in the new year.
Superlatives: Recap. Can you put some superlative phrases into your critical analysis of the article?

Coming TOMORROW: Introduction of our revolutionary new way to learn vocabulary and roots: Our new Word Study program...The Membean Method!
<
Membean Educator from Membean on Vimeo.

HomeBase: Student of the Week - Kalia



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the videos Mr. Buxton! I loved that in the first part of the video it said don't just have the students memorize the words. Develop a curiosity for words. I totally agree with that. It's just like in math. Don't just memorize the rules but also understand why and really understand everything.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jordan! My mom said that when she was in school, they used to give her 20 pound books full of vocabulary words and definition (basically a dictionary), that they had to memorize! I don't know about you guys, but I like this method better! And thank you for the videos, too! I can't wait to start using membean, it sounds really interesting!

Jackson Reeves
Block E/F

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness! Wow that leads me to a point. I am glad that we have a computer and not 20 pound books! I don't want my pack to heavy!

Unknown said...

Nice comments guys!

Have some fun tonight!

Unknown said...

Nice comments guys!

Have some fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

You to Mr. Buxton!

Anonymous said...

You to Mr. Buxton!

Anonymous said...

I have already started to use membean and it is really useful. It gives you a lot of ways to study the words, and the words are really hard to forget. It is a great system!

Anonymous said...

I should start using this website! It might help me dreaming in english.

I learnt that If there is only ethos its not persuasive and if there is too many pathos its hard to trust and too many logos is boring. I think It should be mixture of that but mostly logos because the emotion stays for certain period of time, when it comes to reality, all those emotions are useless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...