Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Research Based Argument: Presentation Options

Use this link for class: Jumpcut Videos: How to Make One 

Retakes: A number of students have asked to resubmit a piece of work or retake a test. You are very welcome to do so. (Perhaps people are aware of the upcoming report card!) Please come by and see me and write your name down on the board.

Research Based Argument: Coming Soon
We will use this resource on MONDAY to begin our research: Advanced Search Tips

Your topic can be simple -but expertly researched. e.g.


THINKING H/W -Make sure you have an idea for your research based argument. We will begin researching on Monday. Students who don't have ideas will be given a topic to research. (It is better that you have your own). You can ask your parents for ideas


Optional H/W: Thanksgiving Toast

Use your public speaking skills to deliver a Thanksgiving Toast to your family. Take the time to address each member of your family and tell them why that person is so special to you.  This would truly put a smile on your family members' faces. Take care!


Have a truly relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Rest, relax, and have plenty of fun. Don't forget your little 'Thanksgiving' toast at the dinner table.


 Enjoying Life  - Sometimes you got a just have a good giggle...
 What would you do it you discovered your parents had eaten all your Halloween candy?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Buxton for posting that funny video of the halloween candy :)
Also thank you for the idea of jump cuts. I think I might use that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you Mr Buxton for sharing the fastest speaker I have ever seen on youtube. So does it mean that if I have pennies I can get more money ? the nisn't it a good thing for citizens becuase if you collected 40 pennies you can change to bigger money!

Anonymous said...

That is a good theory Inyong :)

Unknown said...

Anybody do the Thanksgiving toast?

Anonymous said...

I did it but kind of different
I actually talked to each one of my siblings individually and then I sent and email to my parents because we had Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday with some friends but I still sort of did it!

Anonymous said...

That was a great theory Inyong. Mr.Buxton, do you recommend any topics, because I am stuck

Anonymous said...

Good job Jordan

Anonymous said...

Well Jessie,
What are you passionate about? What is a topic that you are really for or against?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...